Monday, March 12, 2007

Top Picks - Science Fiction

My top picks for Science Fiction, book

1. Battlefield Earth, by L. Ron Hubbard (say whatever you want about Scientology, the book is a first rate read)

2 Jumper by Stephen Gould. I spent months after first reading it thinking about what I would do! I decided to re-read it!

3. White Wing, by Gordon Kendall. A complete surprise and worth packing in your favorite suitcase after reading it...because it is worth reading every time.

4. Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card. I didn't know, til Ender did and easily the best of the series.

5. There are two series, any one from which is a top five:
Sten series (8 books) by Chris Bunch and Alan Cole, I still tell the jokes.
Honor Harrington series (10? books) by David Weber. Is it luck if you pick the right club, call the shot, land it exactly, and sink it from 100 yds?


I just finished reading Old Man's War based on a blog recommendation and it is already a top ten. After another read sometime late this year, it will probably move up some.

No comments: