Saturday, July 15, 2006

Uncle!

Our daughter was playing with neighbor kids, they were shooting each other with those heavy duty squirt guns that carry....a gallon?! It is very hot and a good way for them to cool off. I stepped out onto our deck to watch them for a moment when my daughter dropped her depleted gun and was continued to be drenched. She called for the mom of the other kid to get her kid to stop. I yelled at her not to complain. We talked a little later and I said, if you are going to play the game, then when you start losing, you need to surrender, not complain to a higher authority! Teach them Uncle and surrender when you are beaten. She didn't like the prospect of having to surrender but I reminded her, she wants to play the game, she has to accept the consequences.

Hezzbollah has a bunch of 'friends' that are complaining. Hezzbollah started the game, they have to accept the consequences. Frankly, if Israel wants to turn southern lebannon into a waste land, I have no problem with it.

Our troops understand that the game has consequences, I haven't heard a peep out of any of the soldier bloggers complain about the unfairness of IEDs or their positions. I also don't expect anyone to cry uncle.

My support is 100%.

No comments: