Thursday, June 30, 2005

June Rant #3 - really, the last and the first for July

In yesterday's rant, one item was: I am really tired of stupid people.

Case in point. (Disclaimer and warning: Foul language forthcoming. I have been in a pissed off mood for weeks)

Today I went to Taco Bell to get a Mountain Dew. I do it most afternoons. The cost is $1.47. Today, I gave the cashier $1.52 and she gave me back a dime. I told her the correct change was 5 cents and handed her back the dime. She looked at the cash register and repeated, the change was a dime to which I answered, $1.52, $1.47...5 cents. Now, I had taken too much time and her supervisor came over and asked what the problem was, I said - still being polite - the drink was $1.47, I gave her $1.52. The supervisor looked at the register and said 10 cents was the correct change. I lost it. I yelled, "the fucking register is wrong, I was just trying to be nice, keep the fucking dime..." and drove away. I so hate stupid people.

A client informed us today that they had been short $200 on Aprils mortgage payment but because the bank cashed the check, they didn't worry. The bank is foreclosing (there is a lot involved so don't get in a lather about a bank foreclosing because of $200), and they are within their rights.

My daughter asked me when I noticed there were stupid people in the world. I told her,
"about your age...10...but I figured there were like maybe 10%...but as I get older, the percentage keeps climbing"....I added 2% to the total today.

Tracy

No comments: