Voting was held this week on the following principles and overwhelming majority of those voting approved them.
Principles of the American Conservative Party
From this Foundation, all principles flow.
- The individual is sovereign
- We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
- Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just limited powers from the consent of the governed
- We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity do ordain and establish the Constitution for the United States of America.
Authority of Government
- The citizens of the United States are the sole source of power and life of the United States Government. All powers and authority not explicitly given by the citizens to their representatives remain with the states or the people thereof.
- The United States Government has the authority and obligation to protect its citizens and their liberties from all actual and perceived threats regardless of the source, location or scope.
Limitiations on Government
- The federal legislature may make no law that abridges or limits the Constitutional rights of an individual.
- No state may abridge a citizen's right to life, liberty, or property without due process of law.
- Property currently owned or controlled by the Government is held in Trust for the citizens
- Regardless of compensation, no property shall be forcibly taken by government for private use or profit.
- Any child, born of a citizen, shall have all the legal rights of a citizen born or naturalized into the United States.
- Persons who are not citizens or resident aliens of the United States have no right to petition or benefit from any agency of the government except for petition of entry or asylum.
- A child born in the United States to non-citizens is not a citizen.
- Each adult citizen is responsible for the health, education and welfare of himself or herself and their family.
- No adult citizen may call on the resources of another citizen or group of citizens without their explicit, expressed consent.
- No citizen or group of citizens, by expression of any character or physical trait, may call upon the resources, nor abridge the rights, of another citizen or group of citizens without their explicit, expressed consent.
- It is the responsibility of every citizen to participate in the political process.